Reception Curriculum Information Summer 2018
Our topics are:-
Jack and the Beanstalk (Growing); Minibeasts; Pirates; Aliens and Super heroes.
Within these topics we will be developing different aspects in the 7 areas of learning.
· Sharing ideas to plan an activity
· Discussing why they like a particular activity
· Being a good friend.
· Continuing to name and talk about different feelings
· Thinking about how to solve problems in different circumstances
· Following rules in PE
· Moving in a variety of ways
· Rolling and hitting balls
· Changing independently ‑ including buttons
· Writing using phonics to sound out ‑ including beginning to use phase 3 sounds and tricky words
· Writing for different purposes ‑ information and other non-fiction texts
· Subtraction by counting back
· Finding 1 less than a given number (up to 10)
· Problem solving with different measures
· Halving and doubling problems
Understanding the World
· Investigating lifecycles and growing
· Suggesting reasons for differences between animals
· Finding out about different environments
ExpressiveArt and Design
· Representing own ideas,thoughts and feelings through design and technology, art, music, dance, roleplay and stories.
· Reviewing own work
Oakthorpe School -rescheduled visit to our etwinning partners
Brocks Hill Country Park - to be confirmed