Here are today's spelling words.
cough, dough, enough, bought, though, drought, sought, thought, tough, thorough, rough, although
- Write a sentence to explain what the spelling pattern in each word is.
- Put the correct word in each sentence:
- That exam was really _________________.
- _____________ chocolate is my favourite snack, I also enjoy crisps.
- I ____________ my Mum a present for her birthday.
- To make bread, you start with ______________.
- When it hasn't rained for a long time, there is a __________________.
- The teacher ______________ her class was fabulous.
- Make sure you are ________________ when you check your work for mistakes.
- "Have you got ________________ money to get some lunch?" asked Mum.
- The splintered wood felt _______________ beneath my feet.
- I had a nasty ________________ so I took some medicine.
- _____________ is the past tense of the verb to seek.
- It's a grey day: at least it isn't raining _______________.