1. Sandy had 17 sweets. She wanted to share them equally between her 5 friends. How many would they get each? Are there any spare sweets, if so, how many?
2. Callie had 9 grapes and wanted to share them with her friend. How many would they have each? Are there any spare?
3. There were 5 children in Daniel’s maths group. He had 19 pencils and wanted to share them equally with his maths group. How many would they get each? Are there any spare?
4. Helen organises parties. She needs 20 balloons for a party. Balloons come in packs of 4. How many packs does Helen need to buy?
5. Mrs Watson is buying Maths books for September. Books come in packs of 2. She needs 12 books for Miss East’s class. How many packs does she need to buy?