1. Amelia had 37 sweets. She wanted to share them equally between her 5 friends. How many would they get each? Are there any spare sweets, if so, how many?
2. Callie had 16 grapes and wanted to share them with her 5 friends. How many would they have each? Are there any spare?
3. There were 7 children in Ismail’s maths group. He had 58 pencils and wanted to share them equally with his maths group. How many would they get each? Are there any spare?
4. Amreen organises parties. She needs 58 balloons for a party. Balloons come in packs of 24. How many packs does Amreen need to buy? How many spare balloons will she have?
5. Ms Lyne is buying Maths books for September. Books come in packs of 16. She needs 56 books for Miss Kirk’s class. How many packs does she need to buy? How many spare books will Ms Lyne have?
6. Mrs Hedges needs to buy 17 whistles for the staff in the school. Whistles come in packs of 7. How many packs will Mrs Hedges need to buy? Will she have any spare? If so, how many?